Saturday, May 14, 2022

FQCB Theme #4 Poultry AND Wire or Metal starts 14 May 2022

 Howdy! Welcome back to the farm! FarmQuest that is!

Theme #4 competition requirements are to show poultry AND wire/metal together on your project. Guest Designer Lori Barrett Stroup has a chick-tastic layout for your inspiration.

Competition starts May 14-May 27, 2022.

Start and end times are the same for each at 12:30am Central Time USA/Chicago or 6:30am UK.

Poultry examples are chicks, hens, roosters, geese, ducks, turkeys, etc.

Wire or Metal can be actual fencing/chicken wire, paperclip, staples, binder clip, gold brad fastener, etc.

Project types can be any of these: cards/ATCs, bookmarks/tags, journal/TN spreads, or scrapbook layouts.

FarmQuest Challenge Blog was created to highlight theme topics that reflect the lifestyle of country/rural environments. Make sure your project honors that.

Guest Designer: Lori Barrett Stroup

Profile of this talented artisan=

Hello! My name is Lori and I am so excited to be a guest designer for this challenge! I live in a small SW Missouri town with my husband, Scott, and we have three adult kids and one spoiled rotten granddaughter. I have been scrapping since 1998 and I love it just as much today as I did when I first started. I love spending time in my scrap room - looking back at all that has happened and preserving those memories. I have been a traditional 12x12 scrapper since the beginning but have also fallen in love with Project Life and working in my traveler's notebooks - my two preferred formats at the moment! I am also a cardmaker and a cross-stitcher. You can find my work on my blog - My Happy Life -  and I would love it if you followed me on Instagram - you can find me here - @lori_670.

https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/

Lori's 'pull on the heartstrings' story layout:


Isn't this just the most darling story you've heard this week??!!!?!!!

Her Travelers Notebook (TN) spread is wonderfully country. She's got some metal staples (little gold binder clip is being used to hold her TN open) scattered around and chicken photos plus die-cuts/ephemera for her theme requirements. Eggcellent!!! 

Remember that at FarmQuest there are many acceptable formats like TN spreads, cards, ATCs, bookmarks, tags, journal/planner entries (art journals, Bible/prayer journals, diaries, book review journals, etc.), and scrapbook layouts (can be mixed format pocket style, notebook paper size and 12" square size).

AND

Owner Becca Sadler's Inspiration Project: Rule The Roost card


I'm beyond thrilled with this flat card!!! Dimensions of the red cardstock base are 5" x 7". The yellow is actually a neon yellow that I toned down with the black ink pad dabbing. Farm life gets messy so I thought this was a fun creative touch. The small text strip, chicken wire paper, and rooster/hen die-cut come from Simple Stories. The other cardstocks and alphas are old stash. The mesh and metal 'ribbon' are new items found at Dollar Tree! YES! They are perfect for this theme and will be a tremendous boost to my supply hoard!!!! Thick foam tape is behind the hen and rooster in order to help adhere and make them prominent. Staples were used too for making the mesh and metal strip easy to attach. Overall, a fun farm-theme card!

I have an 80 year old aunt with a mid-May birthday who with my uncle have chickens, 3 hogs, and 3 calves on their farm! They tell us this number is their meaning of down-scaled! Add in their flowers, summer vegetable garden, spring mushroom hunting, and their days are full. Happy Birthday Aunt E!


Participating= Submissions can be made using this Inlinkz tool address before the deadline at 12:30 am CST/Chicago on May 27th. You can post 3 new themed entries per challenge.

LINK=

https://fresh.inlinkz.com/p/006702551654460b85806faafec211de

XX\\//\/\/\/\/XXX\\//\\/\/\////\\\\xx//\\//\/\/

So long for this little trip to the country with Lori and me! 

Thank you for finding us in blogland and hope you return for another visit very soon. 

--Becca S, owner of FarmQuest


Note: look on the sidebar for the category 'page options' and read about the new appreciation cards challenge with Thanksgiving Harvest themes. This extra challenge will only be available for 2 weeks per month. (But you can enter up to 3 new themed entries for the Appreciation Cards challenge and also for the FQCB Theme #4 challenge!!!)

First theme for Thanksgiving Harvest Appreciation Cards has 2 required elements:

use the phrase "give thanks" 

AND 

image of fruits and vegetables mix (like a cornucopia/horn of plenty, bushel basket filled with fruits and veggies, seed catalog cover image, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FQCB #50 Theme is Baby Farm Animals starting 14 April 2024

  Howdy! Welcome to FQCB #50 Baby Farm Animals Theme! We're looking for baby animals found on a farm such as lambs, chicks, ducklings, k...