Friday, May 20, 2022

FQCB Reminder Post for Theme #4 Poultry AND Wire or Metal ends 27 May 2022

      Howdy! Move along little doggies, Theme #4 ends on May 27th at 12:30am CST/Chicago!!!

or should I say, move along little chicks?!!


FarmQuest's Theme #4 is at its midway point within the 13 days of competition. If you haven't participated yet or haven't reached a 3 project limit then you still have a few days to get something made with the 2 required criteria!!

Theme #4 topics are poultry AND wire or metal. 

Any poultry breeds are welcome--turkeys, geese, ducks, chickens, etc. 

Some wire and metal examples that I'm thinking are possible on paper-crafter or hybrid projects are: chicken wire, wire mesh, florist wire that's thin and flexible to shape, staples, paperclips, binder clips, classic gold metal brad fasteners, and more.

Acceptable project types must be in these categories: cards/ATCs, bookmarks/tags, journals/TN spreads, and/or scrapbook layouts. Cards with folds...slimline cards...AT Coins... bullet journals...planner journals... pocket layout style pages...pop-up cards...explosion box 'cards'....

Surprise! We have a Guest Designer for the REMINDER post! Welcome, Margaret Ashby, aka Granmargaret!!! http://granmargaret.blogspot.com

Here's a brief profile about the talented Margaret= Hello my name is Margaret Ashby and my granddaughters and all their friends call me Granmargaret so that is my name on my blog. I am 77 years old and live in Sydney with my husband Tony. I have two daughters and four granddaughters and a new great grandson. I started stamping and making cards in 1995 and started scrapbooking about 1999. I started my blog in April 2012 with the help of cyber friends and started joining challenges. Since then I have joined design teams. I suffer from fibromyalgia and bad arthritis everywhere so spend my days making cards, a little scrapbooking and talking to my cyber friends on the internet. This helps take my mind off the pain. My eldest daughter Lynda and I are both cancer survivors. I make a lot of digital cards now as that is easier on my sore hands. My favourite colours are purples and pinks. I was happy to be invited as a guest designer. 

Her poultry and wire/metal Theme #4 project=


Aren't you loving the barbed wire? And the little chicken coop with the plank board for the chick to walk down is super cute! Excellent! Terrific work, Granmargaret!!!

What a strong warrior Margaret has been through her cancer battle as well as comforting her daughter! I so appreciate her talents and her value for perseverance! 


AND

from me, the owner Becca S= Theme #4 Reminder Inspiration Project: the rooster is just a small element on this card in the midst of the leafy-looking metal ribbon=


Some design notes about creating this garden & farm springtime card: white card base, floral garden die-cut, rooster die-cut, homegrown text die-cut, and floral mint green with peach paper section are from Simple Stories card kit "Love Grows Here"; the yellow gingham scrap is from Hot Off The Press; the multi-hue flower patterned cardstock scrap is an oldie; the teal/mint green masking tape is from Scotch Brands; and the leafy metal ribbon sections were bought at Dollar Tree recently!!!



A mix of old and new supplies to create a springtime farmhouse yard card!


Link for the original Theme #4 FarmQuest posting that has the Inlinkz tool address for participating:

https://farmquestchallenge.blogspot.com/2022/05/fqcb-theme-4-poultry-and-wire-or-metal.html


XXX\/\/X\/\/\/\xx/\/\/\/\////\/\//\xx/\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\xx/\/\/\\/\/\/\/XXXXX/\/\/\/\/xx\////\/\/\\\\XXXX

See you all later!

From the USA heartland, Midwest farm country,

Becca S

owner of these 2 new challenge blogs: FarmQuest and Heart's Quest

note: FQCB has a page option challenge currently going on now for the same time length for Thanksgiving Holiday cards. Its theme required elements are to use "give thanks" and show an image that has a mix of fruits and vegetables (think cornucopia/horn of plenty; spilled basket with a mix of fruits and veggies; seed catalog cover images usually have a mix; etc.)

In the sidebar, look for page options category and click on Thanksgiving Holiday....


No comments:

Post a Comment

FQCB #51 Theme is Laundry or Ironing Things and DT Call starting 28 April 2024

  Howdy! Welcome to FQCB #51 Laundry or Ironing things Theme! We're looking for steam irons, clothesline, clothespins, wash and dry sign...